Monday, June 21

Auguste Rodin's "The Thinker" Gone Country

American Thinker, 38x25, Mixed Media Fabric

I don't know if it's the summer heat, post-flood water or the hot chicken, but everyone's gone country! Even Rodin's most famous statue, "The Thinker" has traded his bronze in for Fruit of the Loom tighty whities.

This binglishART creation will debut at the "In The Nude" juried art competition located at Billups Art during ArtEast June 26th from 6-9 PM.

This piece was inspired by London artist, Ann Carrington, as seen on Bravo's TV show 9 by Design and the art show theme "In The Nude." I knew I wanted to create something that wasn't normal and completely off the wall. I also knew I wasn't going to showcase a full on nude art piece so I had to think outside of the box. I have a quirky sense of humor and decided to use white briefs, because if you're not wearing them, than you are in the nude! It all seemed to come together after that.

You are invited to meet "American Thinker" and my female inspired panty art "Miss Pretty" at ArtEast on Saturday June 26th. For event details and information go to my event page on Facebook!

No comments: