Thursday, August 11

Andy Detwiler, A Musically Inspired Fine Artist

During one of the monthly Art Walk's in Hillsboro Village I went into a  hair salon and saw Andy Detwiler's work for the very first time.  It blew me away right from the beginning and I knew I had to own a piece.

I had absolutely no cash, especially not enough to buy any art, but Andy being the incredibly nice guy that he is, offered to meet me the next day so I could buy my new baby and bring it home.

Now the piece I purchased hangs in my kitchen and I see it's beauty every single day.  I receive so many compliments from friends and family, I knew I had to share his talent with you.

In Andy's words:
I was born into a family rooted deep in traditional values and heritage, who encouraged me at an early age to follow my dreams. I realized that I was happiest when I was creating something and this creative drive has continued throughout my life as I explored different mediums of oil, glass, and eventually film.

Raised along the coastal plains of the deep south, I eventually settled in Nashville, TN. Over the past ten years, I have experimented with a variety of photographic styles, including traditional landscapes, soft impressionistic images, and abstracts. More recently, I have begun to experiment with photographic transfers to wood panels in order to gain more texture and substance in my art.

My current works draw on the heritage that instilled in me and focuses on the culture that that is reminds me of my roots. This subject matter works perfectly with the transfer techniques, resulting in distressed images with creased lines that are reminiscent of a favorite photograph folded and kept close in a pocket.

To view or purchase Andy's work please visit his website at: http://www.detwiler-photography.com.






No comments: