Monday, June 20

4 Ways To Let Yourself Go

I think it's pretty hilarious that when I hear the phrase, "Let yourself go" I automatically imagine someone sitting on the couch in their sweat pants with their hand in a bucket of fried chicken. But honestly to me "letting yourself go" means something completely opposite -- let go of the bad to bring in the good.

It's no secret, we all know that we put too much on our plate. We stretch out the day with as much stuff as possible and in the end there is little room for much else. So where does that leave us? Exhausted, confused and unfocused -- does that sound familiar to anyone? Who would ever want to live that way?

As my art and writing careers started to take off I knew had to adjust my schedule. With a 40 hour work week plus painting, writing and event engagements I was spreading myself pretty thin. I was never going to become the artist I wanted to be under those conditions, so it was time to change.

When I took a good hard look at my life it was clear where there was room for improvement. Then everything began to turn around when I started focusing on doing the following four steps. They CHANGED MY LIFE and they will change yours.
  1. Make yourself happy - Think about your needs and move toward the life that will make you smile the most.
  2. Learn to say no - Don't let anyone talk you into things you don't want to do.
  3. Forgive and forget - Get rid of that anxiety, it will only slow you down.
  4. Think on purpose - Don't let life control you, you can control your life.
Be realistic and repeat. Remember these are steps, not an elevator. The easy way out isn't always the best route, when you work hard your results will reflect the energy you've put into changing. Don't expect everyone around you to understand either, only you know what is best for you. Good luck!

Poolside Chat by Jacqueline Osborn
Do you have any tips that help you to be at your best? Please share and leave a comment.

No comments: