Tuesday, October 12

binglishART is Raising Money for the Homeless in Nashville





You Are Invited


Friends With Benefits: A Night for the Contributor

October 16, 2010
7:00 - 11:00 PM
Billups Art in East Nashville


Live Music and Art for one night only!

Click here for facebook event invitation



A couple of months ago I was asked to participate in a group art and music show to raise money for Nashville's only street newspaper, The Contributor. I immediately agreed because there is nothing better than to serve God by using my gifts to help the homeless. Seems like a perfect opportunity to bless others who need it more than I do.

Already running low on art inventory, I had to think of an affordable alternative to my signature guitar art. My only experience with The Contributor paper was buying it from one of their representatives on my way out of Trader Joe's grocery store. Homeless all around the city sell these papers to make money as an honest day's work verses panhandling. Many people on this program have found housing within months of working for the paper. This is a great cause!

I decided to create inspirational word art on poster sized recycled Trader Joe's grocery bags. I wanted to keep my cost low so more people would be able to purchase the art. The words I choose inspire and remind us how to treat others and live our lives. We all are the same in God's eyes and should always treat others with kindness, love and respect. I choose to use Bible verses, song lyrics and poetry to create the art.

During the art event on Saturday I am going to "wallpaper" and entire wall more like an installation art piece with these posters that will be for sale for only $10. I encourage the patrons to take the poster art off the wall as a pledge to adopt these characteristics and to donate $10 to the cause in exchange for the art.

For more information please email me at beth@binglishART.com.

No comments: