Friday, October 1

10 Minute Object Writing Exercise #2

Object: Heart

The heart in such a fragile thing. It can feel gut wrenching pain and the kind of joy that makes me float in the air. But really it's just an organ that pumps blood throughout my body. I can actually feel it in action sometimes. All I have to do is lay my hand over my chest and it's there reminding me that I'm still going. I still have life inside of me. Boom boom, boom boom. It beats faster and faster during a hard workout and when anxiety kicks in. It's like a little machine reacting to everything going on in my life. It's calm when I'm calm, it's stressed when I'm stressed. I'm supposed to take care of it with a good diet and a healthy mind, but for some reason my heart that gives me life is often forgotten.

No comments: