Thursday, September 30

The Best of Nashville Weekend Review

Music, art and perfect weather. What more could a Nashvillian ask for? I've already started planning my weekend and thought, I need to share this info.

Of course my favorite, Live on the Green will be Thursday evening at Public Square Plaza in Downtown Nashville. I went last Thursday and had an absolute blast! I should have brought more money because the Miller Light's were $6. That's crazy I know, but between parking and drinks my $20 bill didn't go very far. The concert ends around 10:30 so there's still time to go out to Broadway for more night time fun.

My Friday night plans are also set because Guster will be playing in concert at War Memorial Auditorium at TPAC. I started listening to Guster when I was studying in Austin, TX and now I want to relive some of those old college day experiences. This rock quartet from Boston put on a fantastic and very energetic show! Tickets are general admission and cost $30.50.

Now Saturday morning is the perfect time to go out for breakfast. I love going to Noshville to eat the silver dollar potato cakes. They are to die for! Nashville has so many fun and delicious breakfast restaurants; you’ll find your favorite one right around the corner. Then at 3pm Musicians Corner starts in Centennial Park with live music until 6 pm. It’s going to gorgeous outside and so relaxing to sit under the trees in the park. After that it will be time to head over to 5th Avenue for the Downtown Art Crawl. If you need to grab dinner before a night of art walking stop by Rotiers for their famous hamburger on a french bread bun. It is right the way and one of Nashville's favorite spots to eat.

Sunday is a day for rest -- which actually means no work and all play! Nashville has some of the most beautiful and well kept parks that are ideal for hiking, biking and hanging out. When I play outside I always head straight to the disc golf course. Seven Oaks Park near the airport and Crockett Park in Brentwood are my two favorites close to home. It's free to play and always fun.

Then before you know it, it's Monday again. With weather this beautiful and winter just around the corner it's time to step outside and enjoy every minute of the weekend. I hope some of my plans sparked ideas for your own Best of Nashville weekend. Have fun and do what you love!

No comments: