Monday, August 31

Ole Miss Art is Singing Dixie & Playing Blues

I was commissioned to create a very specific piece of artwork. It was inspired by a true Mississippi man who now lives in Tennessee. He said to me, "I want to put this in my office and if anyone were to walk in, I would want them to know I was from Mississippi." So that was my jumping off point. I started by planning the piece graphically on the computer. The image below is my first draft:


Ole Mississippi 16 x 20 Mixed Media

The painting was created with acrylic paint, tea-dyed fingerpicking blues music, an image of a cotton field, and paper. I used the most memorable images of Mississippi, the state flag, the state shape, cotton, blues, and Ole Miss.

You can purchase a print online on my website, binglishART.com

No comments: