Tuesday, July 19

He's My Brother, She's My Sister Sizzle at the Basement

Musicians, writers, singers, actors and tap dancers?!? How much better can a band get?

He's My Brother She's My Sister describes themselves as western-tinged, folky, bluesy, rock & roll with a touch of vaudeville glamour. The band is made up of five players: brother and sister lead vocalists, a slide guitarist, a stand up bassist and a tap dancer who provides full body percussion while jumping up and down.

They will be making their Nashville debut at The Basement on Wednesday, July 27th at 9 PM and seriously this show is mandatory for music lovers.

I've only watched their YouTube videos and have already fallen in love.  They've been described as, "Forward thinking folkies forging new ground" and that's just my style.  I can't even imagine what they'll be like live and I'm looking forward to it.

If you've ever been to The Basement you know it's a little on the small side, so get their early to secure a spot you'll be comfortable getting your mind blown away.  Trust me you want more so check out their website (read their bios) and facebook for additional band details.

REVIEWS
“Their mojo (has) the power to heal the afflicted.” LA Deli Magazine

"He’s My Brother She’s My Sister is like a time warp to the golden present, wrapping nostalgia around the here and now with throwback flair and good taste. They make debauchery and estrangement so glamorous. The songs are as catchy as a radio pop jam, but throw off the trappings of plastic pop and wrap you in fur, folk, and the last drops of moonlight." LA Record

Click play to watch their video, "Clackin' Heels"

No comments: