Wednesday, May 11

Live Painting in Nashville - Before & After Pictures & Video

In April 2011 the Nashville Opera invited me to paint live during their performance of Carmen at the Tennessee Performing Arts Center in Downtown Nashville.  I painted two separate pieces of art during their Thursday and Saturday performance and both sold the night of each event by silent auction.

To prepare for this amazing opportunity I attended the opera's first full dress rehearsal, held days before the actual performance and snapped photographs of the cast during different scenes throughout the performance.  I chose a two photos that captured the intensity of the love between the two main characters and I painted live from those photographs.

Below are the before and after photos of the artwork I created and a video of my painting live during the Saturday performance.  It was an incredible experience that I'll never forget.  I was able to do what I love surrounded by people who were interested and appreciated the artwork.  If you would like me to paint live at your next event please email me at beth@binglishART.com.

Please share with anyone you might know that would need a live painter and leave a comment to tell me what you think!

Before & After

Before & After

1 comment:

Debbie @ OtRD said...

Beth these are amazing! Great job!!