Tuesday, April 26

Fringe, A Music Magazine with a Style for Life

A couple months ago I picked up a copy of Fringe Magazine from Simon Ripley's Music & Art near downtown Nashville. I hadn't heard of the magazine and didn't have much time to read, but the pictures were pretty so I gave it a whirl.

To my surprise, I read the magazine cover to cover that very same day. I was so intrigued by the articles  that I went straight to YouTube and watched videos of all the artists they featured. I even liked their advertisers so much in between the articles that I went to their website and started following their tweets. I mean I became crazy obsessed.

For weeks I told everyone I knew about my new favorite find and now two months later I am still carrying around the issue in my bag. Why? Because it's an awesome magazine with creative content, wonderful writing and fabulous photos. I'm telling you I was instantly hooked.

Why does it work?  It's simple, it's a music magazine about and for musicians. It is published 6x a year in Nashville, TN and features songwriters, musicians and advice. It's perfect for the music community because it's full of advice from industry professionals that shines light on what it takes to follow your dream career in music. It's inspirational and motivational -- Everyone who comes to Nashville with hopes of becoming a songwriter or a star needs to know this magazine cover to cover.

The next one comes out in May (I know you can't wait that long) so go read the past issues on their website at fringemagazine.com to see what I'm raving about!  Then do yourself a favor and become a follower on facebook and twitter.

Since I love Fringe SO MUCH I thought I'd show some love with a Fringe inspired treasury from Etsy.com. Enjoy :)

Turquoise Fringe Necklace, Beaded Necklace
1980's Fringe Boot, Belini Bag
Light Pink Shawl, Silk Scarf with Fringe
Vintage Necklace, Fringe Bag
Baby Fringe Hammock, Decorative Pillow
Fringe Booties, Beaded Earrings
Feather Fringe Earrings, Leather Purse, Necklace
Vintage Mesh Bracelet, Bullet Chain Fringe Earrings
Recycled Copper Necklace, Vintage 1980's Boots
Leather Cowgirl Boots, Vintage Fan Earrings
Suede Jacket, Aqua Fringe Necklace

6 comments:

Crickets Creations: Handcrafted Fashion Accessory Scarves and Fringies Professional Photo Portrait Props said...

Very interesting article and beautiful blog; thank you! :)

Art of Spirit LeatherWorks said...

This is quite lovely - thank you for featuring my deerhide pouch, which can be found at www.aosleather.etsy.com
Very nice collection - Kathy from Art of Spirit LeatherWorks

Jacque Pierro said...

Wonderful! Thanks for featuring my Exotic Face Fringed pillow which can also be seen at www.PierroStudios.Etsy.com

xoxo,

Jacque Pierro of Pierro Studios

Unknown said...

Gorgeous collection! Thank you for including my Aqua Fringe Necklace - you can find it at www.wishbyfelicity.etsy.com :)

Helmitarha said...

Thank you so much for featuring my beaded necklace and earrings in this post! I also love fringe! ;)
Have a nice day!
xo,
Jana

jamiespinello said...

Thank you so much for including my recycled copper fringe necklace! Nice job curating!