Friday, April 16

Amanda Bennett: Artist and Musician

I originally met Amanda Bennett online through my blog and connected because we both love music and art. Last summer I met her for the first time in person at an Art Fair hosted by Billups Art. Now I'm a proud collector of her work and a friend.

Instantly I fell in love with her artwork when I saw it for the first time on Facebook. She painted an awesome sailboat that I immediately claimed by commenting, "This one is mine."

Now she has an etsy shop where you can purchase her artwork and photography. In her bio she says, "Simply put, I LOVE ART! I love color, texture, and individual interpretation of my pieces. I owe this all to my grandmother who introduced me to art and painting many years ago. She painted rather unconventionally, using a Rubbermaid spatula. In an attempt to simply decorate my living space 'cheaply' while in college, I adopted that technique and so began what you see today."

Check out all her wonderful paintings and photography available for sale on Amanda's Etsy Store at: BennettArt.Etsy.com

She's not only a visual artist, but a musician too! She is the lead singer in the band, Stoned Soul Revival. A funk band hailing from all over the United States from Virginia Beach to Alabama, Stoned Soul Revival comes together with a variety of musical influences and experience. SSR weaves a blend of genres and funky, hypnotic grooves from influences such as Galactic to Sly and the Family Stone to tantalize any audience. Alongside an energetic, engaging live show Stoned Soul Revival is sure to get you on your feet. So, put your dancin' pants on and get ready to shake your money maker because Stoned Soul Revival is ready to come funk things up!

Listen to their tunes and check out their show calendar at: StonedSoulRevival.com

Thank you Amanda for joining the 2 for 1 club! Artist & Musician

If you know of any other artist and musicians -- recommend them to me for an artist profile! Email your suggestions to beth@binglishART.com

No comments: